Thursday, February 21, 2008

We got people

A quick trip back to Plainfield last weekend allowed for some fun reunions.

After a visit to urgent care and the pharmacy to cure my sinus infection (which made the 1 am flight into Chicago oh so pleasant), I headed to Larry's for breakfast to meet my parents, my younger sister and her 9 month old daughter. I have seen lots of pictures of her, but it was the first time we've met. She's a doll, and did this cute little head down, shy thing.

I went back to my parents house and hung out there all day while Zach rode to the shop and caught up with JeffJeffJeff and Ted. We met back up at our roommates house and got ready for our big night out.

We had a blast. Started the night out at Moe Joe's for dinner with Aaron, Amy, Adam and Stacy. My dad came and hung out too. From there we all walked next door to the Uptown. Which is much more enjoyable now that it's smoke-free. Brian came out and hopefully relieved some stress. Tim walked from home....a 2-3 mile walk in 10 degree weather. He was boiling by the time he got there. Mikelsall showed up after putting together and taking apart his 3 cars 4 times. Karen and
Justin had a party to prepare for but still made it for a while. And Angie, after sipping a few by herself at Moe Joe's (she thought she was in the right place) finally found her way over to Uptown. A few of Tim's friends were there too.

Saturday we had breakfast at our roommates house with my parents and Kathy and the baby. After that it was a day of rest until we started getting ready for the baptism. The party after was fun, they always have a great crowd. It was amazing to see how big all the kids have gotten.

Sunday is always breakfast with my mom's side of the family. My grandparents were surprised, with Kathy and Hayden in from Florida, and Zach and I in from Arizona. Later it was back to my parents with all the sisters and kids and Dave and Aunt Kathy. Pat was coming down with something, so she and Ken skipped it. It was the first time I've seen all the nieces and nephews together. A great day, but by then we were beat, late nights and early rises....we are not used to it.

Monday was the last breakfast at Larry's. Then it was just getting ready for the trip back to Midway.

We had a great weekend. It was awesome that our people made arrangements to spend some time while we were there. Now you all just need to get your butts out here.

No comments: