Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Prescott Punisher

A great weekend with racing and no traveling. The Prescott race in the Arizona series was this weekend. Tim and Elizabeth came up on Friday and him and I went out to pre-ride the course. I love that I moved to a place where there are races in my home town. I probably rode the lap 15 times in the weeks before the race.

People either love or hate this course cause its is so different from everything else. I love it probably only because I am getting to know it so well. It is really a ATV course with a good amount of climbing. What really makes it difficult other than the climbs is that you have to pick good lines on the decents because of the ridges the quads make and that the granite type soil is pretty washy and loose.

I rode a good race with no issues. I rode with the same three guys most of the race with just one guy ahead of our little group. We were trading back between 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. It was a lot of fun cause a couple of the guys are riders I'm starting to know pretty well and are great competitors in this series. During the 3rd lap Rob took off and looked pretty strong and we were not able to hold on. He held on for 2nd. During the last lap I made my move and got away on the beginning climb. I was able to hold and finished in 3rd.

Not sure why I look so confused on the podium. Maybe just eating left over GU out of my new stache.










Great to race in Prescott with everyone cheering us on!!!

Lots of fun hanging out with everyone after the race and a great dinner with Jeff, Vienna, Tim, and Elizabeth followed by some fun at the Raven!!!

Sara had another awesome race winning the women's pro division!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the BEST picture of you EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

And where is Sara's FIRST place picture???? hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

where is the pipe popeye?

ZMoney said...

Strong to the finish cause me eats my spinach.