Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tales From the Stache




It was nice to get a couple of weeks of the school year under my belt again and get back to my Fridays off schedule. Sara was off too so we did a short ride and then worked on bikes all day. We finished Sara's Salsa and I got as far as I could on my Vassago. I was pretty excited with our bike progress on the day and the bikes look hot! I am digging the white parts on my Vassago.

Saturday was dedicated to riding. Sara and I headed out on the 305, up 297, met Becker at the top (finding out he had been bit by a dog on the way up) and headed down 299 / 9854, to 62. We headed into town with Becker on part of 126 that we have never ridden. It was really technical and way fun. Here is Becker and I having a stache pose down.




I decided that I was going to put some more hours in the saddle in trying to get ready for Payson so I head towards Thumb Butte. I parted from Becker and Sara and rode through town did and hour at Thumb Butte and then rode home. I was smoked when I got home. Still on the fence whether I can handle climbing Mingus with the guys tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would appear that you are living the good life. I enjoyed my first trip to Palos of the year on Friday. 2:40. Afew miles of stuff I had never ridden before.No hiv. Good day.

E Johnson said...

Nice Vassago. Jabberwocky, right? I'm just about to build one (probably same size - 18"?), and am curious about the rear tire clearance. Some shots I've seen makes it look a little snug (although they say it accommodates 2.35" – 'course I wouldn't mind going wider).

ZMoney said...

No it is the Optimus Ti. I am only running a 2.1 dia tires. The clearance with those is fine.

ZMoney said...

Tim, I hear Brian's Trail is in good shape too!