Thursday, March 27, 2008

Heart Rate

I haven't had a working heart rate monitor in quite some time. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new one. Had it delivered to Sedona last week while we were there.

I'm quite happy with it, and will probably like it more once I remember how to use the different functions. It's a Sports Instruments. Up until now I've only had Polar. Zach's had a few Sigma that seem to crap out in a year.

Anyway, the last 2 rides I've been on this week....I didn't wear it. Is that my subconscious telling me I didn't really need it or do I just need to get in the habit of changing the bike it's on?

Totally unrelated, I think I may have the only defective Chris King hub ever made. It's under a year old. 2 bike shops have looked at it. It makes a sound similar to the King hum, but it makes it while I am pedaling.

Based on what the last shop told me, I think it's the c clamp.

And lastly, our Dirt Rag came yesterday. I did my normal flip through the whole thing to get me by until I have time to read it thing. Put it down and then realized the pictures from the Reader's Eye didn't have any impact on me. I couldn't remember one picture! What the heck! So I looked to see what page they started on...page 100. Flipped back to find that our magazine only went up to page 96. I emailed them and they are sending another copy.

No comments: