Tuesday, March 25, 2008

We get snow too!

The day after the Gardner Canyon race, Zach and I drove to Sedona to spend our spring break with my parents who are back out here for a short while. It was the strangest day. We took a short hike after breakfast on Big Park Loop and then decided we would call the remaining part of the day a rest day. Good thing because it ended up snowing pellets that day. We felt so cheated. Our first day back in Sedona and it snows. Check it out.

I mean, look! You can still see the snow on the ground the next morning!!

Luckily, the snow didn't harm the wildflowers that are starting to bloom. I've been trying to get some good shots, but I'm having a hard time focusing in on what I want with my point and shoot.


Good thing the rest of the week was sunny and 70s.

We had a great week of some new hikes and alot of our normal rides. We hiked around the base of Mescal Mtn and down in Carroll Canyon for the first time. We also checked out a spur off of Mystic.

Most of the week we just rode from where we stayed right over to Bell Rock and rode the trails from there. Llama, Templeton, HT, Mystic, Broken Arrow, Little Horse and back on the new trail.

We also rode up the ridge that overlooks cowpies. Very exposed and scary. I walked alot that day. We made it up to the saddle but we couldn't find the trail down the other side. So we rode back out to Schnebly and climbed up to the top.

There are some spectacular views from up there.


On Saturday Robert and Jack drove from Prescott to join us on a ride. It was a pretty fast day of riding.

This was taken on the top of Submarine.


Sunday morning we drove back to Prescott to meet Christina and her crew to ride up Copper Basin Road from Skull Valley. It hurt pretty bad, my legs were shot from the week of riding.

My parents met us back in Prescott to check out our new landscaping and to have one last dinner out before they head home.

No comments: