Tuesday, November 18, 2008

12 Hours of Temecula

I headed to Phoenix to pick up Tom Friday morning and the two of us headed to California for the 12 Hours of Temecula. We had my Element loaded with our 4 bikes, a demo bike, 2 frames, all the stuff for the vendor area, and all of our gear. It looked like the Element was getting ready to do a wheelie.

Friday night after getting everything set up Tom and I headed to meet Kris and Mike from Vassago for a great dinner. We had some refreshments and some really good and really big food. I love it when quality and quantity are combined. Thanks to Kris for a great meal.

The race started at 9:00 the next morning so not much time to hang out. The race went pretty well. My knee and shoulder didn't give me too much pain. Whenever I started feeling anything from my knee I backed off a little and just tried to maintain a easy spin. I wound up getting 3rd place in the Expert geared and Tom took 1st in the SS category. We had a great time hanging out with everyone after the race too. Laughs provided courtesy of GTSD.

Some other highlights of the weekend were meeting and hanging out with Kris and Mike, the usually Tom entertainment including his custom bee hive made by half empty coke cans in our solo pit area, and watching a bunch of little poodles eating Tom's puke.

Of course both of us forgot to bring cameras this weekend.

3 comments:

Tom Ament said...

Awesome weekend and awesome race Zach!!! GTSD will always be special to me...

MCF said...

Congrats Zach!!!! :)

I really hope Tom stops puking at races soon!

ZMoney said...

He can puke as long as poodles are there to clean up.