Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ecstatic!

Not about a new bike purchase, or news of unexpected visitors, or that I won the lottery. Nope, I am ecstatic that we found a doctor. Apparently they are in short supply out here. Of the few that are here, not many are accepting new patients. It's not like either of us needs to see a doctor very often, but I did not want to have to visit urgent care every time something came up. Not only do you wait 4 hours, but I also know that the head doctor there instructs his billing staff to follow unethical business practices.

We managed to get in at the office that was originally my first choice. Met with him on Friday (They require a "new patient" visit before accepting you as a patient).

This guy graduated from Northwestern and then worked there for 15 years. It was at that point that he had had enough of the 70 to 80 hour work weeks. Never saw his family, so they packed up and moved out here.

Upon arriving in Prescott, he said "I died and went to heaven."

Turned out to be a pretty cool dude, a tell-it-like-it-is kinda guy. Not unlike a certain nephrologist that I know.

No comments: