Tuesday, December 11, 2007

"It's been six days"

Not since some sort of meeting, but since my last blog. A quote from my dad.

Sorry Dad. I know.... it's not that I've been lazy, my batteries died in my camera and I have not been able to upload.

Here's a recap.

Again, each weekend, I forget where I am.


Thursday night was okay weather-wise. We checked out The Office to watch the Bears game on the NFL channel. Turns out The Office has great food and cold beer and great viewing. Too bad the NFL is so lame for creating the NFL channel. Jeff came to hang out for a bit.

Friday I had CPR training for 4 hours in the morning. Zach went to urgent care and waited for about 4 hours. When I left my training, it was in the midst of a torrential downpour. I shared my mini umbrella with Miss Mary on the way back to the parking lot. She is the coolest. It is absolutely amazing to me what a little bit of rain can do to the desert. The streets flood in no time. Luckily, the cruiser made it home no problem.

Zach came home after a Mexican restaurant unauthorized stop. We were both home before 2pm and neither one of us left after that until the next morning. It rained off and on all night. A big disappointment b/c Fri night was the Acker Musical Showcase. Businesses along the square stay open late and host local musicians. But with the rain and the fact that Zach was still a little under the weather, we decided to take a pass.

Saturday morning we could not decide what to do. Did not want to hit the trails with all the rain; didn't even know if we could hike. We decided on the best thing....picked up Ken and Pat and headed to Granite Creek Park where they walk almost every day. Went for a few laps and then tried out Murphy's for the first time. Great atmosphere, good food. Beer a little pricey.

After that Zach tried to convince his parents to buy some hiking gear at the Manzanita. I fell in love with a $270 rain/winter coat (are they kidding?). I didn't buy it. Instead I had the sales chick make fun of me behind my back for asking if OR Gear ever goes on sale.

We were all ready for some down time, so we hung out at the "Pad" all night. Had a



few drinks and ordered some pizza. Watched the snow fall off and on. It was a fun day.

Sunday, Zach and I went for a few hour hike just 2 minutes outside of town. It's a trail that winds through the Bradshaw Mts, with views of town and residential areas for the first 45 min. From there you head into more secluded wilderness, surrounded by the Ponderosa Pines. It was lovely. I was sore the next day. We stopped by K&Ps for a short time and then went to bed early that night.

I missed the non-Birthday party that was held on Saturday night.

2 comments:

Granny J said...

FYI, you might be interested in the Prescott blogger get-together Sunday, Dec. 16 at 2 p.m. at the Raven Cafe over on Cortez St. Hope you can make it.

Sara said...

Thanks for the invite Granny J! I hope we can make it.