Sunday, February 22, 2009

Making up for lost time

Out of the 9 years I have been racing, I can remember 1 mechanical and 2 flats that I've had during those years. The mechanical was at the 2002 Hixton Holeshot. I had a bad shift and twisted a link in my chain. The first flat was at the 2004 Big Ring Classic. The second was at the 2006 Big Ring Classic. I took a spill at the 90 degree gravel turn they warned us about and then I later pinch flatted. Other than that, I have not had many issues during my races.

UNTIL THIS YEAR !!!! Ugh...the broken chain at White Tanks and now a flat that would not seal at Estrella on Saturday. I think the gash in my tread happened somewhere in the middle of my first lap. I tried to fill it at just into my second lap, but it was too big. I had lost too much stans out the hole and along the entire rim. By the time I figured it wasn't going to happen I had wasted all of my air.

So it sucks to DNF for the SECOND TIME IN ONE SEASON, It sucks cause I had a pretty decent lead, but it also really sucks for another reason.....(you'll have to check a later post to find out why).

But I am super excited for Christina who just got her upgrade to pro this past week and won her first race. Congrats to Christina, Spring and Jen who took the top 3 spots!! We have an awesome group of cool, talented women in our class!!!

No comments: