Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Win!

What a beautiful day it was yesterday. It was probably in the upper 50s when I started my race at 8:45am and as it warmed up the cloud coverage hung in the air. I lined up next to Christina, and Spring rolled up next to us right before the start. The gun went off and, man, Christina just flew out of the gates. I settled in behind her in second with one or two people trailing. We rode in that order for a good while, and I passed after finding a good spot. Halfway through the first lap it was Jen, myself and one other person. By the end of the first lap I was out in front by myself.

At the start of the second lap though I took the wrong line down into the start of the tech loop. I chickened out at the top and got off for a few steps. After that I could hear Jen on my tail for the rest of the race. I'd get away for a little and it seemed she would catch me on the climbs. Then I'd get away from her on the rocky sections. Not sure what the exact finish times were...I finished at 1 hour 49min+ and Jen finished at 1 hour 50min+. It was one of those days that I felt great. No fatigue in my legs at all.
Jen, me, Spring
No major errors other than that drop into the tech loop, and I finally made that stairstep climb at the end of one of the switchbacks. That was fun. I am really starting to like that course. There's nothing super scary and the sport loop has so many fun bermmed turns. It was a great loop to end the race on.
BGT posing for the camera

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1st Win as a Pro!