Sunday, February 22, 2009

Estrella

This weekend was Estrella race #3 of the MBAA series.

We got down early for Sara race and set up camp.



















Sara's race was exciting and disappointing at the same time. At the end of the 1st lap nearly an hour into the race Sara was way out in front of the women's Pro field. Unfortunately, around halfway through the second lap she tore a tire and was unable to finish. Estrella is super hard on tires, bikes, and bodies.


Start of Sara's race. Sara on far right













My race went just like I expected. Tired legs and tired body. I was not disappointed cause I knew how it would be with doing a 24 hour race solo the week before. I just tried to ride steady and keep myself going. All in all the race went good. I ended with an 8th place finish.

My results the last two MBAA races are definitely no surprise with a 12 hour solo race before Mcdowell and a 24 hour race solo before this one. Don't have any endurance races planned for a while and can now get back to some normal training with a weekend off of racing.





Tom Riding Like the Devil to another 1st in Advanced SS















Some good lookers!!!














The real excitement! Layla and Koko playing


1 comment:

ssd, DC said...

zach, why back to the D'Arcy kit?