Saturday, September 8, 2007

Obsessed







I was going to post about how, although it may seem like it, I'm really not obsessed with bugs and things. I started taking pictures of the crazy looking insects out here for my niece, Hope, who is really in to frogs and worms and moths and anything that crawls or flies (and horses too).

But after today's ride, I think I really am obsessed. The grasshopper that you see above...I must have seen 25 of them on our ride today. They were all over the road!! I wanted to stop and take a picture of every single one. Are they crazy looking or what? There were alot of other crawling things on the road that I couldn't identify and couldn't justify stopping to look at (I was holding Zach up enough as it was).

I guess the point is, I may have started out taking pictures for Hope but it's turned into my own little science project. Shouldn't really be so surprised...one of my favorite classes at school turned out to be mycology.

There are horses all over the place here, but the ones in the picture are off the 347 trail. The peacock lives at the zoo (there's 3 total that I've seen), but apparently it's allowed to ventures out to the surrounding park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mycology?
You have the best subjects in the world for this. If you let the word be known, scientists from all over the world would come running to your place.
Zach's chamois have an entire galaxy of life all of their own!

Sara said...

Ha!! You are right!

We were just trying to determine the cause of his pizza butt and decided it's probably due to wearing riding shorts multiple times before washing.