Sunday, November 25, 2007

Friday - Mike - day

Back over the Black Hills, we headed to meet Mike and his family. I completely miscalculated the amount of time it would take them to get to the Circle K on Bell Rock Blvd. It only took them 1 hour from the 101. I'll have to remember that. It's so unlike me to be late, so I'm sure Mike didn't mind.

Although we didn't spend much time with them, it was nice to meet his family.

We started the ride from our normal place. Our plan was to take Llama to HT to Templeton, but HT is closed b/c of the road work. So after Llama we just road back up Bell Rock Pathway and started Templeton from the beginning. Mike was riding fast. I was hanging on pretty good, but was especially pleased with how well I was riding the technical stuff. I made alot of things I've had to dismount in the past (Adam, the one on Llama I didn't even try when you were here). I am convinced my skills have improved b/c of riding Groom Creek. I can start on a dime when heading uphill now too.

It was a good hard ride....for me at least.

The craziest part of the whole day..... we rode back towards the trailhead after Templeton, but Zach and Mike added a Big Park Loop. I went back to the car to start changing and loading my bike up.

As Zach and Mike pull up, they have another rider with them. It's Christina Betz from Janesville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are the chances. She was stopped for a second on the trail, right when they were finishing up their loop. So they brought her back to the car to say hi.

Christina just moved to the Phoenix area and was hanging out with her parents for the holiday weekend. It was really great to see her again. Hopefully we'll hook up for a ride soon.

We said our goodbyes to Christina and then went to met Mike's parents uptown Sedona. It was a little after noon, so they were ready for lunch. Per my recommendation, they ate at the Hideaway. That's where we said our goodbyes to Mike; I hope they enjoyed their lunch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for being the tour guide and sorry for the 'ride-and-run'. It's nice my family was cool with transporting a bike up and then letting me ride while they were off shopping, etc..

Sara said...

Any time Mike. Family comes first.