Thursday, November 29, 2007

I forgot how to dress

The bright blue sky and shining sun must have burned my brain. I've totally been overdressing. Accuweather said it was 37 degrees this morning as I was getting ready to ride. I wore a long sleeve wool base layer, a short sleeve wool jersey, my long sleeve full zipper Castelli and my Darcy vest windbreaker. And legwarmers. Once I started climbing I unzipped the Castelli and tied the sleeves around my waist and left the vest unzipped. That was way too much. It may have been appropriate if the wind had been blowing. Maybe I need to start checking wind speed too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that's hilarious. reading what you wore i was like omg! you must've been dying!

Mountaingoat said...

You must be getting soft out there.

Sara said...

Rachael, it seems we've flipped roles, you've gotten good and I've lost the touch.

Soft...that's what I'm afraid of!!!