Thursday, October 18, 2007

Always when you're not looking





Zach and I got some good riding in last week while he was off for fall break. On the first ride back in Prescott after our visitors left us, we came upon a few animals on the 305. Can you see them?

Doesn't it always work out like that? It would have been nice to see a javelina, or a road runner, or even a little snake. (Although we did see the coyote and we caught a glimpse of a jack rabbit on one of the rides.)

Instead, the day after they leave, Zach and I see a small herd of mule deer. That's interesting that they can not detect motionless objects. On a ride last night, I would have plowed right into a buck, had he not bounded out of the way. After I saw him I stopped to get a good look. Once I stopped, it was like he could not see me. He did not run away anymore, just stood and stared in my direction. He finally sauntered off after quite a few minutes. Must have gotten bored.

Here's a few more pictures from our ride. We rode from home to the 305 and continued on a ways up 297.


No comments: