Thursday, October 25, 2007

A huge score

I rode to the 305 the way Toby recommended and it was awesome. Cross into Yavapai Hills, take Sunrise to Old Black Canyon, right on Lynx Creek. Follow that to the jeep road up to the parking lot for the ruins. Not only a safer commute, but once you get out of the new neighborhood on Lynx Creek, the road follows a creek bed. It looks so different from the alot of the short brush that covers the land until you get up to higher elevations. Beautiful. I've already decided we need to ride that on Saturday...with the camera this time. Lovely colors right now.

Rode for 2 hours, came home, showered and headed to the deck with a glass of wine. All that was missing was some Kirkland brand mixed nuts. I can't decide which I like better, sitting on the deck in the back or sitting in the bike shop looking out the front.

Oh, almost forgot. On my way home on the trail, I ran into the herd of mule deer again. They definitely spotted me first, but once I saw them, I stopped immediately. There were 5 total, not even 50 feet away. 4 of them stood and stared at me, sniffed for a long time cause they knew I was there. All of the sudden something spooked all 4 and they darted into better view. It was hilarious, the noise that spooked them was the 5th....standing there sneezing, rubbing his nose with one of his lower front legs. Just sneezing and rubbing. What a sight. Must have gotten a gnat up his nose. Hopefully we'll run into them again on Saturday so Zach can see them close up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm surprised this blog isn't khaki or something.

Sara said...

I know, I haven't played around with formatting it enough.