Tuesday, August 21, 2007

July 31st, Williamson Valley Rd

July 31 - Our Birthday and Zach's first day of teaching. A new career, a new job, in a new state. Wow, what the heck were we thinking? Ken and Pat treated us to dinner and some tasty treats.
Tuesday was also my first day of riding alone since I'm a slacker and don't have a job yet. I've been a little nervous about riding off-road by myself out here. We are in ranch country. You can carry a weapon on your person so long as you don't enter a bank or....one other type of establishment. Can't remember what the other one is right now. Schools probably.

I decided to head back out towards Granite Mt, except instead of turning left onto Williamson Valley Rd to go to the parking lot, I'd turn right. The people we met at Thumb Butte trailhead said this route is where they head every Saturday morning. It was a good road ride, rolling hills while gently climbing up. Great views out that way.

No comments: