Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pronghorn


We saw this Pronghorn on the side of Outer Loop Rd last Friday. Before we could see the carcass, I spotted 6 or 7 turkey vultures circling high up in the air. Once we got a little closer, there were 6 or 7 down in there snacking away. Unfortunately as we drove close enough to get a good picture, the movement of the car and it's sound scared them all away. I just got that one sitting there waiting to go back to the feast. They are ugly birds, aren't they? (Mom and Dad - Click on the picture to get a larger view of it)

You can read more about them here. I discovered this website while doing a little research for Jen and Dave's visit with Amanda and Nathan. I know Dave can not wait to go to the zoo. It's not a huge facility, but they have some neat animals which you can read about under the animals menu. I personally can't wait to go see these guys.

No comments: